Options for Payment
- We Recommend: Setting up bill pay or automatic check through your bank! Since your monthly tuition does not change over the 10-month billing cycle, this is the simplest route to take. We suggest you arrange this with your bank so you have one less thing to think about each month and do not risk being charged a late fee. You can usually find this option on your bank’s website or mobile app. You’ll need the payee (Hilger Higher Learning, Inc.), our mailing address (412 East and West Road, Lookout Mountain, TN 37350), the amount you need to pay monthly, and the date you want it sent.
- Dropping off payment during school hours (Monday thru Thursday 8am – 4pm) at our office or secure lock box in the teacher’s office. Of note, we do not have any classes on Fridays and no one is at our facility on Fridays. You can pay by check, money order or cash (we give receipts for ALL cash payments).
- Mailing a check or money order to: Hilger Higher Learning, 412 East and West Road, Lookout Mountain, TN 37350
- Paying online by PayPal HERE or to email@example.com. If you use PayPal to pay by credit card, please remember to add 3% to your total.
On our class listing, you will find the one-time application fee per class (which covers fall and spring semester). This is an up-front fee you pay when you apply. Next to this fee is the monthly tuition fee per class. All classes, unless otherwise noted, are year-long classes. We start classes in mid-August and go thru the second to third week in May; subsequently, we bill you for 10 months. While most of our families pay monthly, we do give the options of paying for each semester (fall and spring) or the entire year. We invoice via email around the 4th of each month for those who decide to pay on a monthly basis.
Financial Information – Tuition and Fees
All classes are year-long (August – May) unless otherwise specified. Accordingly, we bill you for 10 equal monthly installments, beginning in August and ending in May. If you would rather be billed by the semester or year, you can also choose to be billed in 2 semester payments (5 months at a time) or 1 yearly payment. If you are applying for a semester-only class, you agree to pay 5 equal monthly payments. We let you choose if you want to be billed by the month, semester or year when you apply. Last, you may change how you want to be billed at any time during the year. Our application form will ask you to initial and agree to the following:
- All invoices are due upon receipt and considered late if HHL has not received your payment by the last day of the month.
- A $10.00 late fee will be added to each overdue monthly bill.
- If a check is returned for any reason, a $30 charge will be applied to your current monthly bill.
- There is a $50 charge per class if your student withdraws from any class in August, before classes begin.
- If you withdraw your student within the first week of classes, there will be withdrawal fees ($50) per class, plus you will be charged for ½ (half) of August’s tuition.
- If you withdraw your student from any class after the second week of class, a $100 charge will be placed on your account, plus all applicable tuition charges.
- If you withdraw your student from our program and move on to a private or public school (mid-semester/year), all tuition and withdrawal fees must be paid before we release your student and can start with another institution.
- All application fees and payments are non-refundable. On the rare occasion that a class does not form, we will contact you and refund the fees you paid.
- If your account is not paid in full by the end of each semester, HHL will withhold your student’s grades. Furthermore, HHL reserves the right to inform your umbrella school of your student’s incomplete grade if deemed necessary.
- If your account becomes overdue by 2 months or more, you will be responsible for all late fees and collections fees if you are delinquent in paying. Also, interest at 1% per month will be charged if your balance becomes over 60 days past due. Further, you agree to pay all legal fees, costs, and expenses associated with collecting your balance and any other efforts Hilger Higher Learning makes to enforce the terms of our application agreement/contract.
- If your student is dismissed at any time of the year, all application fees and tuition payments will be forfeited.
- If you are a current HHL family, have an overdue account balance and are applying for the next school year, we will hold (and not process) your application until you are current on your tuition invoices. In other words, if you apply in early April but have not yet paid March’s tuition fees, we will NOT process your application until you’ve fully paid March’s tuition fees.